Catching up on 2009
Sorry, here I've done it again. Gone MONTHS without updating this blog. I'll seriously try to do better.
We've spent much of our "off" time on the RV. Over Easter break we went to Harrison Bay for the weekend. it was nice to get away and spent time with family. Aunt Geneva and Uncle David were in town, so they came to visit us at the campsite. Thea, Tim and the kids also came out.
We went to Tims Ford State Park near Monteagle Mtn. for Spring break. They had amazing bike trails there. We probably rode over 10 miles. The trails were so beautiful.
On March 31st, we added two new members to our family... twins! Westie puppies that is! Their names are Jack & Sam. They are a hoot!
On May21st, my mom, Nancy Bolt, had a horrible car wreck. It shattered her T12 vertebrae. After surgery and 7 weeks of in-patient rehab, she finally came home on July 10th. She is still in the back brace and will be until August 31 (yuck!), but she has learned to walk in leg braces and is trying to improve daily.
In June, we went camping with our Sunday School Class. We spent a ling weekend at Fort Mtn. State Park in Georgia. We went swimming, had campfires (even though it was near 100 degrees in the day) and WAY TOO MUCH food!!! It was fun just chillin' out and talking.
The boys, dogs and I came to Louisiana to be with mom on her first week home. She's had a rough time, emotionally and pain-wise, but I'm really proud of her. We will be here until July 19th. Pray she can gain control of her bladder and that her "lows" level out. She's over the emotional roller coaster!
The boys have had fun with Pops. They've shot b.b. guns, played on the slip n' slide and watched all the Disney channel they want! Pops is gonna try to take them to the dirt track races and a ball game before we leave.
Update... Angela & Mike are relocating to Louisiana. They are going to be here to help mom & dad. Angela took a job a Bellaire Elementary in Bossier. She will be teaching an Autistic Special Ed class. I think she's nervous, but excited. I wish her luck in this transition.
I know there are no pictures right now, but I'll try to upload some soon.
We've spent much of our "off" time on the RV. Over Easter break we went to Harrison Bay for the weekend. it was nice to get away and spent time with family. Aunt Geneva and Uncle David were in town, so they came to visit us at the campsite. Thea, Tim and the kids also came out.
We went to Tims Ford State Park near Monteagle Mtn. for Spring break. They had amazing bike trails there. We probably rode over 10 miles. The trails were so beautiful.
On March 31st, we added two new members to our family... twins! Westie puppies that is! Their names are Jack & Sam. They are a hoot!
On May21st, my mom, Nancy Bolt, had a horrible car wreck. It shattered her T12 vertebrae. After surgery and 7 weeks of in-patient rehab, she finally came home on July 10th. She is still in the back brace and will be until August 31 (yuck!), but she has learned to walk in leg braces and is trying to improve daily.
In June, we went camping with our Sunday School Class. We spent a ling weekend at Fort Mtn. State Park in Georgia. We went swimming, had campfires (even though it was near 100 degrees in the day) and WAY TOO MUCH food!!! It was fun just chillin' out and talking.
The boys, dogs and I came to Louisiana to be with mom on her first week home. She's had a rough time, emotionally and pain-wise, but I'm really proud of her. We will be here until July 19th. Pray she can gain control of her bladder and that her "lows" level out. She's over the emotional roller coaster!
The boys have had fun with Pops. They've shot b.b. guns, played on the slip n' slide and watched all the Disney channel they want! Pops is gonna try to take them to the dirt track races and a ball game before we leave.
Update... Angela & Mike are relocating to Louisiana. They are going to be here to help mom & dad. Angela took a job a Bellaire Elementary in Bossier. She will be teaching an Autistic Special Ed class. I think she's nervous, but excited. I wish her luck in this transition.
I know there are no pictures right now, but I'll try to upload some soon.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home