Christmas Day
Papa and Karen came down from Knoxville, and Rebecca was soon to follow after making breakfast for their family. It was good to have family around. I don't like spending the holidays alone. I guess that's because my extended family is soooo large. I grew up having everyone around. I think Jeff likes a smaller Christmas, but that's how he grew up. Blending two totally different backgrounds can be hard, but I think we've done a pretty good job of it, huh?


Rick, Karen and Rebecca got the boys Diamondback bicycles, helmets and games. The bikes were definitely a big hit! Guy's has something like 21 gears. Cole's has training wheels, but it won't tip over. They are just right for them.

Papa had to get on and show Guy how to switch the gears. We thought he looked hilarious doing the bow-legged peddle!
Karen was cracking us up. The boys had been sticking the bows to their faces, so Karen put her bows on her head. Jeff thought she looked like Queen Elizabeth, and she has the wave down, as well.

Karen and Papa got gift cards to their FAVORITE stores (Kohl's and Brookstone). It looks like they are fighting each other for them. ;-)
Les, JD, Jeff, myself and the kids all went in to get the cards. We also got Papa a vest for hiking or biking, and Karen a Bubble bath basket. It's really hard to buy gifts for people who have everything, you know?
The boys and I made Rebecca a fleece blanket for cuddling around the campfire. We also got her a Satin hands kit and a cute mug. It's all about relaxing, right Rebecca!
Rebecca got Jeff an I "Life is good" PJ's. I love them. They are soooo soft!
Karen and Rick have been super sloothes. Jeff mentioned he needed new shoes because I had been on him about how old his others look. So, they bought Jeff a pair of new Skechers (I know that's gotta be spelled wrong...Sorry).
I got a beautiful new jacket and turtleneck like one that Karen has. (I had been admiring it for a while.) I gave Karen an angel mug that said, "An angel's work is never done." I thought it was fitting becasue she's always getting just the right things for everyone. I've learned I have to watch what I say around her.

After we opened gifts, we played a game of cards. Jeff kept putting the skip cards in his glasses just to remind Rebecca and Karen what he was holding for them.

Then, we watched Santa Claus 3 (while Papa slept) and ate dinner.
We basically a day of nothing big, just relaxing, fun and family.

Merry Christmas from the Sheltons!

1 Comments:
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Shelton family!! Well looks like you guys have really enjoyed the holidays. Ours have been great also. Busy but great.
Would love to see you guys!! Who knows..maybe sometime next year B and me can make a trip out to Tennessee! Miss you guys!!
Love ya!
Amy
Post a Comment
<< Home